Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chicken in a Bag



Today was exciting!  After training today I was called into the office by my friend Poppy.  He started explaining that he wanted me to have Pepper Soup (which I had previously told him I liked).  We mostly eat international food here at the team house, not African food.  So I was not exactly sure what he was wanting.  Initially, I thought he was going to invite me to dinner.  Would be great, except that I would not have been able to due to transport for returning home.  So...as we were talking he pointed over towards the wall.  There, in a plastic bag, was the beginnings of my pepper soup....my very own chicken in a bag!  

It's very honoring that he would even try to find a way for me to have pepper soup and I know it was a sacrifice for him to buy the chicken.  Freaked me out as I picked it up....I was waiting for it to peck my hand.  However, it is very well-behaved.  It traveled home with me by car and I'm still not sure yet what I will do with it.  I was going to name it, but in the event that I do eat it, I don't think I could eat something I've named.  

Enjoy...

5 comments:

Joeloise Ghrist said...

haha, I love it!! Good times!! Only in Africa, eh?? ;)

Sandra's Latest... said...

Lucy is still doing well. Althought, she may be a bit traumatized, she ate chicken today- it was actually the kittens food- but you know Lucy...always pecking away at their food.

BethanyG said...

Hi! My parents are on Mercy Ships, too, but I came accross your blog through another friends blog. Small world! Bethany (daughter of Bob and Elaine Greene)

muah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
muah said...

hi, i'm also an OT and considering applying to volunteer with the New Steps vs onboard the Africa Mercy Ship. I would love to hear a little more about what you do as an OT, trying to see where I would be able to maximize my skills. Thanks! eunice