Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving...

When I sit down to think about all the things I'm thankful for this year, I'm blown away by how much God has blessed me. I'm in Africa - a dream of over 4 years - serving God and the people here. I've met so many amazing people and have experienced so many incredible things. I'm thankful that I'm here, for the people He's brought into my path, the patient's I've seen, the kids at the orphanage, the church He's provided, the community of friends, His provision through the good and bad moments, the communication He's allowed with those back home, and SO many other things. That's just what's here...there's so much to be thankful for at home too! My family, friends, church, car, 24 hours of power, air conditioning, mexican food, Dr. Pepper, ease of getting places, etc.

We have so much to be thankful for...SO much. God is so incredible. His love is so extravagant. Truly, He has given us eternal life. He sent His son to die for our sins, so we could have relationship with God. He provided a way. Think about that for just a moment. He calls us His friend. He pursues us and loves us. He's Unconditional, He's Able, He NEVER changes, He is better than anything we could ever imagine. Praise God. Thank God.

No comments: