Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun...


One might ask, What does Thanksgiving look like in Africa? Well...pretty similar to home. I'm not one much for working in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. I prefer to wash up afterwards. Morgen and I decided to stay home this Thanksgiving to help Jitske with all the preparations. It was such a fun day. Started with stuffing the turkeys (yes, we found turkey's here). Then moved on to preparing the green bean casserole and a salad. There were 28 people coming so lots of food was being prepared. Helen and Jitske had already made the pumpkin pies and apple cake.


After all the food was ready for the oven, we headed outside to decorate. Made the center pieces, made the cutlery look pretty, etc. I was mostly just an assistant but it was a great day. Had some down time in the afternoon. Of course, the last hour or so was a bit hectic. There were 28 people coming, so planning the timing was a little tricky. It all came together! We had most of the traditional stuff - turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pumkin pie, etc. DELICIOUS!!! I definitely missed my family but this was a great way to spend the day. The American's were outnumbered which was definitely a first :).


We finished dinner and dessert with a great time of worship and a short teaching/discussion. What a great Thanksgiving. If I had to be away from home, there was not other place I'd rather be. Praise the Lord.

No comments: